From:
Sherry Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 06:00:34 -0500
Hello, fuzzies and fuzzy lovers!
I saw a couple of posts asking about hissing.  Of course, as I'm two days
behind on the lsit, someone may have already posted this, but I'd like to
share a thought or two on it.  We only have one ferret who does alot of
hissing.  It's not like a cat's hiss at all, I compare it to the sound a
spray can of hair spray, or spray paint makes.  Our Chumba walks around
hissing occasionaly, during play, when annoyed or when startled.  I don't
really equate it to the times a cat hisses, either.  She does it when
wrestling, but she shows every sign that she enjoys the activity, as well.
I think it's just a sound in her vocabulary that she likes to make.  We are
delighted by it, cause it's cute.

We also have a ferret who gets her tail all bushed up frequently.
Sometimes it's in response to something startling, but she also does it
when she gets very excited about anything.  It's just very noticable on
her, cause she is the skinniest darn ferret I've ever seen (mind you, I've
been lucky enough not too see any very sick, neglected ferrets, she's just
skinny by nature, although we've gotten a few extra ounces on her, since
we've been fostering her for a few weeks).

I am always amazed by the difference in these kids personalities.  They are
such a joy to get to know, and fun to watch.  I think people who find out
about ferrets and learn to appreciate them are some of the luckiest people
there are.

Happy Dooks! (we even get a few of those, love that sound!)
Sherry

--
http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/pier/8102/ Meet my fuzzy family!