Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 08:18:54 -0400
Last year MKARESQ hosted a ferret show in Michigan.  Di Bachman attended
this show, sponsored a ring, showed ferrets (received Best of Show) and
had a table.  Not one person told us that she had been ousted from the
AFA or that she had dumped her ferrets.  IF we had known this, she would
not have been allowed to attend our show.  It has been stated that the
ferret community at large knew about this dumping back in '98 (?).
Unfortunately, I was unaware of this.

This year the organization that I belong to, Michigan Ferret Rescue &
Adoption Network, Inc., hosted a show.  Di Bachman was contacted and was
even going to sponsor a ring.  Again, no one came forward to tell us that
we should have concerns about her.  It was not until I read about the
Hagerstown incident that all the dirt was revealed.

In lieu of this, she will NEVER EVER be allowed to attend our shows.  We
will ban her from any and all functions relating to ferrets.  What she
did/has done in the past, is despicable.

Mary G. Mewton
President-M/fran, Inc.