Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:19:16 +1100
My ferret stories seem to be a lot happier than many around here ^^;
Ruben was my first - he's just turned two - and was adopted from his
prior owner, who had to find a new home for him because one of his
cagemates was bullying him.  He's very calm, for the most part, but when
something sets him off he explodes into frenzied dancing.  I'm slightly
concerned that he's never been as fat or as fluffy as his "brother", but
he never seems unhappy or hungry.

Ru was my 21st birthday present from my husband, a pet I'd wanted since
my childhood, so he was a truly wonderful gift (if a very unusal animal
to get used to at first, being familiar with dogs and cats and rats!).

Finley, our second, has just had his first birthday - he was born a
couple of weeks before we adopted Ruben, which was how I found out about
Ru needing a new home in the first place.  He was the most angelic little
bundle of fluff imaginable for a few days, after which point he became an
explosively playful little menace (he's not a problem biter, but he does
view everybody as just big ferrets, which means lots of playful nipping).

On that note, does anybody have tips on introducing a pair of full-grown
ferrets to a kitten?  We're minding one for my sister - keeping her in a
separate room for now, but I hope they'll get along eventually.  They
don't attack her, but every time they get near her they get so excited
they just want to play-bite the hell out of her ^^;

Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
http://hypercrescendo.net/foxlee/fls/
http://www.furbiddenrealms.com
http://blurty.com/users/leechimera/

"The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard." - Anon