From:
Marc Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 1994 22:35:00 -0500
I talked with Pat Richards from CDFA the California ferret assoc..  He said
that the assembly committee that is reviewing AB2497 will vote on it March
11.  Now is the time to write to the members of the committee.  Please post
this on Compuserve.

Here are the addresses of the California Sate Assembly Committee on Water,
Parks & Wildlife.

Assemblyman Cortese
Chairman
State Capitol Room 6031
Sac., CA 95814
916-445-8243
Fax 916-323-8898

The following have the same address just different room#'s
Assemblyman Cannella
...Room 5155
916-445-8570
Fax 916-445-8849

Assemblyman Frazee
...room 6028
916-445-2390
fax 916-324-9991

Assemblyman Haynes
...room 4158
916-445-1676
fax 916-447-4457

Assemblywoman Bronshvag
Vice Chair
...room 4144
916-445-7783

Assemblyman Costa
... rooom 2158
916-445-7558
fax 916-232-1097

Assemblyman Harvey
...room 4162
916-445-8498
fax 916-324-4696

Assemblyman Isenberg
... room 6005
916-445-1611
fax 916-324-0250

Assemblyman Campbell
... room 2163
916-445-7890
fax 510-372-0934

Assemblywoman Esccutia
... room 2137
916-445-8188
 fax 916-324-0012

Assemblyman Hauser
... room 2003
916-445-8360
fax 916-322-5214

Assemblyman Knowles
... room 5175
916-445-8343
fax 916-327-2210

Here is the letter I wrote feel free to copy.  Remember to modify and put
into
your own words.

Assemblyman XXX
State Capitol Room XXX
Sacramento CA  95814

Dear Assemblyman XXX;

I am requesting that you, as my representative support AB 2497 that would
legalize domestic ferrets in California.

AB 2497 - Yes.
AB 2497 modifies code 2118 so that only properly vaccinated ferrets would be
permitted.

Ferrets are not a risk to public health.
By their size alone ferrets are no more dangerous than house cats.  According
to the Centers for Disease Control only the guinea pig is likely to bite
someone severely enough to require medical attention.

Good social reasons to legalize  ferrets.
Ferrets are a good pet for people living in apartments.  They are a good
option for people who would have dogs.  They are friendly and loving pets.
Ferrets have a history of domestication since the Egyptians.

There is no threat to native wildlife caused by ferrets.
.  The Defenders of Wildlife have no position on ferrets as of 9/12/1990.
There is no documentation that domestic ferrets have established in the wild.

Lets not restrict commerce in CA..
Why should we have the state government continue the restraint of trade for a
domesticated animal?  This is not the time to restrict commerce.

Thank you in advance for your help;

Ferret supporter
name and address