From:
"Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:16:05 -0400
I know that many shelters across the country are experiencing record
numbers of incoming ferrets this year. Unbelievably, our shelter is
experiencing a record increase in adoptions resulting in a record low
in available ferrets for adoption. Although we close for adoptions in a
few weeks, we are quickly running out of ferrets in need of homes. Our
busy time for adoptions is during the months of January and February
and we could be without ferrets!

FYI - if there are any shelters out there that we can assist, we would
be happy to take some healthy, friendly ferrets for adoption and
fostering after the first of the year. I have appointments for 3 highly
qualified people in the next two weeks which will probably result in
our shelter having less than 5 ferrets available for adoption and
fostering just in time for our holiday closing. We always have ferrets
that are unadoptable for age and health reasons ready for a foster home
but we need healthy ferrets ready for their "forever homes." Lately, I
have been referring people to the local petstores or up to Nashville
and St. Louis if they are willing to drive.

Again, if there are any shelters we can help with the burdensome
numbers of ferrets in their care, please let us know. This "heads up"
will allow time to sort out the possible transportation issue before
the first of the year.

Maren Doshier
Founder/President
Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary
Hernando, MS
901.335.6536