From:
James Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 12:22:56 -0400
My wife and I was and still are considering becoming breeders of Ferrets.
Before we ventured off to far with this ideal, I wanted to check with the
LA Dept.  of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) to see if we would need a
License (Game Breeders License) to breed ferrets.  I just got off of the
phone with the local Biologist for the LDWF, and was informed that to even
own Ferrets in the state of LA we needed a Game Breeders License.  Even if
the ferret in question had been spayed/neutered and even if you was only
keeping it as a pet.  The Game Breeders License costs $25 for five year
term.  You have to make application with the LDWF and a Biologist will
come to your location (home/office etc.  Where you will be keeping the
animal) and check the pen and area where it will be kept.  The pen will be
checked for size and proper ventation etc..