Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:07:45 -0500
To the anon posterand everyone else...

I have had cats as long as I have had ferrets.  Well, longer, really.  Had
cats growing up.  In college, my roommate had two cats and now, my husband
and I have one.  In any case, the cats beat up the ferrets followed by the
ferrets beating up the cat followed by...well, you get the idea.

My answer is simple and allows for plenty of inter-species wrestling.

I trim the cat's nails.  Just do it the same way you trim the ferrets'.
If the cat doesn't want to cooperate (very likely) have a helper to hold
him or take a towel and wrap him tightly in the towel, with only one foot
out at a time.

I've been doing this for six years now and it works like a charm.  If you
have any questions about how I do it or the "details" just email me!!

I fell down on the job for a few weeks, and his claws got long and sharp
again.  My cat-happy ferret, Bomber, ended up with a bloody ear where a
claw got snagged.  I'm quite diligent ever since that happened!

Also, I hope that Slippery and all the lost kids find their way home soon.
My prayers are with you.

My biggest grin and hugs to Eppimetheus for his long-awaited return.

Sincerely,
Jaclyn and the fuzz house.
The ferrets - Fred, Bomber, Merlin and Amelia
The cat - Immelmann
The dog - Hunter
KMIE
"Only pilots live life in all three dimensions."
http://flyingferrets.homestead.com