From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 16:57:00 -0400
No, I do NOT think that lawyers are shady (though some are sure to be as
is true for any profession); that question about our old plate "Weasl 1"
was just what we kept being asked by others.  Maybe lawyers need just
better PR for the profession... Hard spot to be in, I think, kind of
like the way that too many automatically think set bad things about
researchers, teachers and profs when they shouldn't..  ;-)

House temps: we usually keep the place between 69 and 78.  We've noticed
some of our's have trouble if the temp gets into the lower mid-80s (at
which point if the a/c is out we put them in cages with refrigerated
marble slabs or ice-cubes in water dishes, may put frozen things like
water bottles which we have frozen on the cage top, and put wetted
down porous coverings over the cages and then blow fans through them.
Luckily, the a/c we replaced a few years ago is doing very well.

Important temperature pointer: if a ferret has a serious heart condition
the ferret may become extremely sensitive to temperature changes as the
condition advances so reducing fluctuation is important then as is
introducing any change in temperature gradually.