From:
Andrea Mercado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:48:43 -0400
I carry my passport around with me everywhere for many reasons.  For
instance, I look younger than I am and my current license, which is from
NJ and still needs to be converted to a MA license, looks like it was
made in a garage by a 10-year old.

So, I get home from work, and put my bag on the ground for the
ferret-mandated bag check.  Lucy gives the sniff and nose raise of
approval, while Gabriel is looking for a more intensive search.  He has
problems getting into the zippered part, so goes for the outer pockets to
see what he can see.  The inventory of said pockets includes: my Visor
PDA, my keys w/T pass attached, a small case of Listerine breath sheet
thingies, my sunglasses, my work ID, and my passport.  Gabriel begins the
"sort the random things" ritual, but amazingly doesn't take anything out
of the pockets.  I was worried he'd go for the little Listerine case,
since it's small and plastic and therefore obviously of value.  He then
appears to walk away.

I turn to look up at my monitor, and 2 seconds later I here a small thwap
sound hit the floor.  I look down, and Gabriel is standing *on top of
my passport* like he's conquered land in the name of mighty mustelids
everywhere.  I know he was carrying it, it had his little teeth marks and
wet nose spots on it.  I take it back, say that he can't possibly leave
the country with it due to increased security, especially since that
picture looks nothing like him, and put it back in my bag.

Corey then commences the feeding of the duck soup.  Our ferts are getting
on in their years, and we just found out that their blood sugar is below
normal, Gabriel's moreso than Lucy's, so duck soup as a supplement twice
daily is doc's orders (Dr. Karen Purcell rules, by the way).  They are
busy, so I read more email.  About 5 minutes later, I see Gabriel out of
the corner of my eye under Corey's desk.  What is he carrying?  *My
passport!*

My advice: be on the watch for any unusual FLO activity.  The agents seem
to be trying to prep to travel...

Andrea w/
Corey - father to my furkind
Lucy - "Duck soup doubles well as a gravy for kibble.  Nummers!"
Gabe - "And I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for those
        meddling humans!"