From:
"Linda M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 23:59:54 -0700
I had no clue that a Civet cat wasn't related to our ferts.  That had me
worried that people would think that ferrets can carry SARS..that's all
we need!

But anyhow...

I'm going to be moving out to a new apartment nearing November and I will
be getting adding a cat to the family when I do...but I want to make sure
I do everything right for the ferts' sake.  I plan on adopting from a
shelter so I will have plenty of different cats to choose from.  Is there
any specific breed of cat that gets along with ferrets well?  What traits
do I need to look for in the cat and when introducing, how will I know
that they will get along, or at least tolerate eachother?  I know a lot
of you have dogs, cats, and ferrets living together and there has to be
some tell tale signs that they'll get along.  Also should I take the
ferts with me to the shelter when I get the cat or would that be a bad
idea?  Any suggestions, please email me privately.  Thanks everyone in
advance!  :)

Linda M. + the Kamikaze Ferts (Seiko and Suu)

What lies before us and what lies beyond us is tiny compared to what lies
within us.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes