From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 09:44:26 -0800
After reading several posts regarding eating ferrets, I just had to add
this one.  When I was living in Eugene, Oregon, I was contacted by the
couple who managed the ferret shelter.  They had a call from a man in
response to a "found ferret" ad in the newspaper.  The man asked what
happened to the ferret is no one claimed it.  He was told that they would
be put up for adoption for $80.00.  He was then asked if he was interested
in adopting a ferrets.  He replied that he wasn't about to pay $80 for a
meal!

Just had to add that small item to the already interesting list items on
eating ferrets!

Melanee Ellis
Juneau, Alaska