From:
Michelle Alverson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 20:13:48 -0700
Charlie never did start feeling better, so, with a heavy heart, I took him
in for exploratory this morning...(actually Monday morning with would be
yesterday by the time you read this..  anyways........)  It turns out that
he just had a mass on his left adrenal.  The vet did an adrenalectamy.
Everything else looked good except a swollen intestinal tract- more then
likely caused by the cancer and stress.  No obvious ulcers on the outside,
which is a blessing.  He's resting comfortably now and I'm about to give
him some meds and duck soup.  He's sore and not to thrilled- but he's going
to be fine.  (WHEW!) .........How odd to say "just..adrenal" huh?  I guess
we've been through so many (six now) and our vet is so excelent that I
would rather it be that then anything.  Thanks for all your best wishes and
happy thoughts.

I agree with Percy that the best toys are free.  We shop at Sam's warehouse
store- so we buy in bulk..... bulk toliet paper comes in a BIG plastic
bag!!!  Man they love those things!!  Or better yet- the empty bag that the
litter comes int- VERY crinkly!!!

David- It isn't uncommon to take part of the vena cavity with a right
adrenal.  None of our surgeries are with Cryo either- seems to be the new
technology- which always means it's hardest to find.  Although our vet is
considering it, I can't find it anywhere in Florida nor Georgia.  As for
post-op care..  just lots of TLC.  Keep her quiet for a few days and be
ready to syringe feed her if need be..

Flat Ferreting is always something to watch, IMHO.  Sometimes it's probably
just headache, belly ache type thing as i see some of mine do it from time
to time.  Then there are those guys who start doing it alot-then all the
time- then everyday all day....I usually star watching the poop, urine,
eating and drinking.  Usually, if it lasts for monthes- they go in for
blood work, ect.  I guess that I have found that our fuzzies really do let
us know when something is wrong with them.  They do it in all kinds of
ways, we just have to watch and understand our babies, and we'll know..
<of course this philosophy has beed know to make me slighly paranoid..
example.."sneeze" oh my gosh- who's got the flu??!!/ so ya just have to
monitor it I guess.. :) >

I send my best to the other sick fuzzies out there and for their ever
resiliant moms and dads.

-Michelle-

Charlie:  So now that you put me through ALL that.. I get more YUMMY duk
soop right??
Houdidni:  How come he gets some and not m???!!!
Norman: What'ca mean Clavamox forever??!! & &  I like the pink stuff more!!
Oz:  I just want ALL your attention mommmy!!!!!