From:
Scott Swain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 1995 11:43:36 -0500
Hi everyone!

I am the guy who lost Toons (female, <1 yr old, silver, 2lb, desc/spay) to
overexposure to heat a couple weeks ago.  Well, Friday three of my friends,
Jeff, Tony, and Chris got together behind my back and bought me a new
ferret!  He is just 3mos old and already bigger than Toons was when she
died!  I had heard males were bigger but had no idea.  His fur is white
underneath with black tips and he has a black mask across his eyes.  He
rarely bites hard and I have decided that when he does I shall use the "grab
scruff of neck and say no" method since I really feel that violence is not a
good solution for any problem.  However good the idea of using a milk jug
full of frozen water in their cage when taking them into the Summer heat in
a car sounds, I am still putting off doing it.  I tell my friends that he is
"still just a bit too young to go out..." and other excuses but deep down I
know I'm afraid that what happened to Toons will happen to Wompa.  Oh well,
I know I'll get over it.  Maybe I'm just looking to hear from a few others
who have taken their pals out in the car on hot days and left them in the
car for any amount of time (with windows down) and a jug of ice in the cage
for them to curl up next to.  The only thing I really think might be a
problem there is the lack of circulation in the car.  Maybe I should try to
find a battery powered fan or two?  Anyone have more suggestions or examples?

Wompa says hi!