Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 17:21:25 EDT
Hello Everyone,

Stephenie from the World Ferret Union asked me to forward this.  I'd sent
her a packet of information on the relative safety of ferrets with respect
to dogs (articles from JAVMA referencing CDC and JAMA) and also several of
our authoritative sources proving that ferrets are domesticated-- it was a
similar packet to the one I sent to Sukie for her NJ battle.

Anyway it looks like these folks are more ignorant than simply anti-ferret.
Sure wish that was the case in CA, a simple case of stupidity or ignorance
rather than the bias and prejudice we have here....

Jeanne

From Stehpenie:

Hi Jeanne

Just to let you know that at this moment, actions news seems to be taking a
positive turn, although it is going to take a lot of talking, our first
impression is that the Animal welfare is slowly accepting the fact, that
ferrets are domestic and need help, they offered to finance a new shelter,
as the old one is closing down and there is no where for the ferrets to go,
which surprised us, I hope we are of to a good start, we have another
meeting is September and I still want to see their promises in ink, but I,m
not as worried as I was.

I will keep you informed, could you drop a note on the net for me?  I had so
many lovely reactions last weekend, I sent them all a thank you, but I would
like them all to know that thing do seem to be looking up.

thanks again Stephenie.

PS I gave them your papers about bites, and It did seem to make an
impression.