Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:08:29 -0700
Greetings all!

It's been a pretty long time since I last posted, I've been quite busy this
summer.  Just about a month ago Worf had surgery to remove a chunk of hard
rubber from his small intestines.  It was not a fun thing to go through!!
My vet said it was lucky that I know my kids so well, and know what to look
for.  A few more hours and I would have lost my boy.  He was totally blocked
by a 1/4 inch square piece of that flat rubber that they put on the bottom
of things (like fans) to keep them from scratching furniture, just an inch
or two past his stomach.  He had his surgery less than 18 hours from when I
suspected he had ate the damn thing.  (I promptly took the other pieces off
the fan and trashed them.... I hadn't noticed them before..... so please
CHECK FOR THINGS LIKE THIS when you buy any new appliances!!) Worf was in
surgery for just under two hours, I got to go in once the vet had taken the
chunk out ( to Identify the offending obstacle) and got to watch her close
him up.  Over 60 stitches inside and out!!  Then she let me stay with him
till he came out of anesthetic.  I'm happy to report that Worf is all healed
up and the hair is almost all grown back, and he's his old self again.  He
has recently gotten my new baby Phebe interested in books!  ( Throwing them
off the shelf that is!!)

Speaking of Phebe..... she has finally gotten the hang of climbing up on the
bed all by herself.  I usually find her napping right in the middle, under
the quilt but over the blanket and sheet.  Phebe is without a doubt the most
amazing ferret!!  I can honestly count exactly 4 times that she has EVER
missed the litter box.  I brought her home when she was about 5 - 6 weeks (
.42 lbs, and only tiny nubs for teeth) and she did miss the box on 4
occasions when she was out playing and couldn't quite make it over the rim
in time.  That was in the first week that I had her, since then she has NOT
EVER missed. ( too bad I can't say the same for Worf! He's famous for
bombing right in front of the door, which swings IN to the room.)

Last night I was lying in bed reading a brand new book and the kids were
romping on the bed.  I kept smelling a sweet floral kind of smell, and
thought it was my book at first. But a good sniff of the book told me it
wasn't, so I thought it must be coming in from outside.  I got up and
sniffed at the window, not flowery scent there.  Then I noticed that I
smelled it the strongest when Phebe would walk across my chest between my
face and the book. No kidding!! Her tail smells just like Violets!!  I even
brought her down tonight and made my Mom and my Dad smell her tail and even
Mom ( who is a closet type ferret admirer... she doesn't like anyone to know
she really does like ferrets.) said it smelled like Violets. Now I've heard
people say that their fuzzy's tails or feet smelled like potato chips or
corn chips before, and Worf has "Frito Feet" big time when he first wakes
up... before he walks around, but has anyone else ever had a ferret with a
flower scented tail?? And I might ad that I do not have anything that smells
like that: ie. perfume, soap, candles, etc. It is not all over her, just her
tail. Phebe now has the nickname of "Blossom Butt"!

Check out my kids on my web page!! See Worfy's stitches!!
 < http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/8589/ferrets.html >
( You can also see pics.  of some of my beautiful Fjord Horses there!)

Amy Evers
Worf ( The Velociweasel!) and Phebe ( the mighty-mite)
Still missing our sweet Katie.
"Here's Dookin' at You Kit!"

"I Know you, so lets behave poorly together....."   LRM