From:
Lisa Whittleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:35:58 -0700
Hi,

I was cutting my little Cinnamon's nails today and I saw that on her right
foot, on her index toe's pad, there is a growth that is similar to a nail
growing.  Can this be possible?  I have heard of mitten toed (extra toe,
two extra nails) kittens, but they are BORN like that!  Cinnamon's just
appeared and I am wondering if she maybe caught her pad on something and
it is scabbing off...  I don't want to pull or cut it or anything for
fear of hurting her.  If anyone has ever had a similar experience or may
know what it is, please tell me!  I am worried and wondering how serious
it is... Should I take her to the vet?  She acts EXACTLY the way she did
when she didn't have it...  I may be overreacting but to put my mind at
ease, I'll ask all of you!  THANX!!!

Lisa