From:
Jason Kryska and Cheryl Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 01:03:58 -0700
Ok, admittedly Im venting with this mail, but right now Im so worried.
Its almost 1am and we were just putting the fuzzy kids away before bed,
and as my husband pulled our Jack out of the couch hidey-hole where they
usually all crash out at the end of the evening.  But as my husband was
putting out Jack away in the cage with the rest of the kids, we realized
he couldnt walk.  He has hurt one of his back legs somehow.

Thankfully Jack has to be one of the most placid Ferrets in the world, so
I laid him on my tummy and checked his hips and joints, and from what I
can tell he has either dislocated or broken his ankle somehow.  We are
completely puzzled how he did this..  he was chasing cats an hour before
hand, and so it was obviously relitively recent.  He didnt yelp or cry
out, which we would have heard being in the same room the ferrets were
playing the whole time.

Unfortunately, we dont drive, and we cant afford the hundred dollars to
get to the emergency clinic, as this month has been really hard on us and
we're down to 60 dollars til the the 20th.  Why when it rains does it
pour!! *SOB*  Anyway, it looks like Ill be up the night with our Jack..
(I never can sleep when one is hurt or sick) and then off to the vet
first thing in the morning and hope they will be sweet to us.

Wish us luck folks..

Cheryl and the crazy crazies that are all wondering, why Jack cant bounce
no more.