From:
"M. JOYT" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 14:47:46 -0000
This is a unique question regarding ear mites, so I was not able to find the
answer in any place I looked.  I hope a vet on the FML is able to address my
concerns about this.  If you could, please send it to me through my own
e-mail, as sometimes I do not get the entire FML.

Anyway --

We found out that Pepita has ear-mites, and I am worried that these could
transfer to my other pets who play in the same area or to me.  The area the
pets share in common is that my two rabbits and Pepita both play on my
Futon, which has two blankets and three pillows to play on (NOT at the same
time!!!).  I also sit down and lie down on this futon when watching TV, and
other people sit on it, too.

Are any of us in danger of contracting the ear mites this way?

Thanks for letting me know!