From:
Vikki Lager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2014 10:16:31 -0500
My husband and I met our first ferret in 1988 shortly before we got
married. He was at a mall pet store (another proof of how long ago it
was). We sat on the floor and played with him for an hour or so and I
was in love. However, we worked both days and nights and didn't feel
that it would be fair because we wouldn't have the time to dedicate to
him. Fast forward almost 20 years... my husband knew a guy through work
who was rehoming his ferret and Fred joined our family. A couple of
years (and a couple more ferrets) later, I got in touch with our local
rescue through a PetFinder posting about a little special needs girl
and that's when the fun began. I have had the privilege of being
involved with rescue for about 3 years now. It's heartbreaking and
heartwarming and rewarding all at once. I can't imagine life without
ferrets....they make me smile and laugh even when I've had a hard day.
They make me grumble when they get into things they shouldn't and when
they poop where they shouldn't, but I wouldn't trade them for the
world. They have introduced me to friends all over the world and taught
me things I never imagined I would learn. It's been a win-win....

And, regarding the FML.....we put a blurb on our emails to every
prospective adopter about joining the FML. :-)

Vikki Lager
 ...and Barney, Jewel, Boris, Natasha, Bear, Meeper (really Roxie)
and Scrappy
(and temporary residents Mary and Heidi)
and Curley, our special needs shelter kid who I share with Katie Carr,
as we both love him

Kansas City Ferret Hotline