From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:54:29 -0400
I have 3 (Count 'em.) indispensable ferret URLs which help me find the
majority of ferret health info I need to look up.  From these I can
link to the ones I need for specific info like Bruce William's, or Mike
Janke's, or Pam and Eric Sessom's, or...

Here are the three whose addies usually are my first stop in searches
on ANY subject connected to ferrets:

http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html  for pretty well
any topic.  (For the early ones perhaps that aren't in the archives I
tend to guess and then use the SEND FERRET nnnn command for
<[log in to unmask]>)  This is an easily searched Archive which
is very friendly and very fun to use.  It's like chips; if you try
one search you'll have to try another just to see what you find.

http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org for health and behavioral topics.  The
Smartgroups search engine is terrible and the the Yahoo search engine
was terrible so that a search at either will rapidly frustrate and
disappoint, but this site has the posts on past topics available in a
very easily searched format -- friendly, fast, comfy to use, a major
win of a treasure chest.

http://ferretcongress.org has links in the Critical References
section to multiple marvelous sites with health info, legal aspects,
lists, ways to find vets, etc.  One of my tricks is that I use this
to link to many of the sites I use instead of remembering a bunch of
addies or searching through my bookmarks.

Each of these 3 sites grows and improves over times with people's
contributions.  That's all anyone needs to get started and fan out for
information: three addies.  Be sure to have them handy for your use.
Once you start using them you'll be amazed at what great stuff you find!