From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:34:29 -0500
As I try to catch up on the FML and see the current saga on ANNONYMOUS
POSTS & SPECIFIC SHELTER COMPLAINTS --I have to add my two cents worth!  My
feeling is that the alternative to NOT making such a post , NOT ALERTING
FOLKS that might say -- hey lets volunteer, lets help out- lets fix the
problem is this- sending A letter of complaint to the governing bodies, be
it the state dept of agriculture, state or city governing animal shelter
agencies, local health depts , humane investigators, etc.  Which is the
better of the two?

Clearly IF there is a problem.  An annonymous post to a list where there
are local readership that COULD give a hand, give a few hours is far better
than a letter to a governing agency which could in fact shut the place
down.  Don't you think?

I have never been to RH's shelter, I have never met the person.  Other than
persona emails which I received from him some time ago.  I do know it takes
time, help & money to run an efficient shelter-- and I would hope if things
ever got that bad that I would see a few hands pitching in rather than
complaints filed with varying agencies.  Perhaps the post was not as dismal
as it appears.  After all- perhaps there are folks who can rally their
support and drive over a day or two this week., next week and make life a
little easier at the shelter-- any shelter -- for pet's sake.

Where is Pete anyway!
:)

Alicia
another shelterer