Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 20:36:39 -0400
Hello interested readers - Epecially UTAH readers!

I have just gotten off the telephone with Ginger, a representative (vet
tech) at Best Friends Aniaml Shelter in Kanab, UT.  Due to recent
communications with Rick Roller, his upcoming out of state move and other
communications with ferret half way houses in SO.  Utah - and an increased
number of unwanted ferret calls received at the Best Friends facility, they
have given the nod to set up an interim ferret intake facility.

The anticipated *PERMANENT* ferret shelter structure will probably NOT be
built until 2001 -- so to alleviate the need for facilities the folks at
Best Friends have asked me to relay the following:

DONATIONS NEEDED:

*1-* a used mobile home structure -- good condition needs plumbing &
     electric intact (also transportation to site at Kanab, Utah) please
     they can do some MINOR repairs-- but check with them on this--

*2-* several used A/C units in running order

once in place they will be loking for some small caging units

REMINDER - ALL donations for this project are TAX DEDUCTIBLE!!!

If I may elaborate here -- This decision, is in my opinion, a MONUMENTAL
act of kindness.  Best Friends is the first large scale shelterer to
acknowledge the need for ferrets to be sheltered.  This deserves the
support and recognition of us ALL.  They have on staff a ferret friend
who has 10 years of ferret caretaking and a very enthusiastic vet who is
learning at a fast pace.  They have asked the Ferret Wise folks (several
directors with formal humane shelter experience/backgrounds) for assistance
and recommendations on permanent facility layout etc.  We are doing all
we can to assist them over this hurdle.

Those ferret lovers who can -- please consider sending the SOS/FML
dollars *>you might have sent to Ferret Wise to:<*

Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
5001 Angel Canyon Drive
Kanab, UT 84741-5001

email to:[log in to unmask]

telephone contact (435) 644-2001 ext 210 ask for GINGER!!!

http://www.bestfriends.org

in order to help get this ball rolling!

Or if you can make a larger donation-- thanks from all the ferrets!  While
our (Ferret Wise) shelter kids would appreciate the treats or other extras,
we feel it is far more important to start this Utah ferret facility for
those ferrets in the heat of Utah with no other shelter options!  We hope
you understand this gesture.

Wishing the Best Friends ferret facility a speedy establishment.

fondly in ferrets,

alicia
for the many faces of Ferret WIse