From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:19:22 -0500
I don't want to be spreading rumors about PETCO.  I have already seen them
sell a ferret the manager knew was sick.  I showed her the watery eyes
almost sealed shut.  They stuck it in the back, and had it out for sale a
few weeks later.  Of course, I was the one who purchased it and took it to
the vet.  The poor baby had a fever, lung damage from the cedar bedding, a
terrible barking cough, and still wakes me up at night barking.  He is
about 4 months old now.  I spoke directly with the people working there who
see the animals being dropped and injured by small children.  There are no
restrictions.  Any child can hold a squirming baby ferret, mouse, hampster,
etc.  over the hard tile floor.  PETA says they have several witnesses who
HAVE testified concerning freezing animals.  We need more before PETA can

wage battle.  Any one with info on PETCO mishandling ferrets, poor vet
care, selling animals at 3 weeks?  PLEASE write to PETA at 501 Front St.
Norfolk, VA 23510

Thank you., from me and the ferts