From:
ethan cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 1994 05:56:11 -0400 (EDT)
Dear FLMers,

it has been a long time since I posted to the list- I suppose the fact
that I am ferret-less at the momment might have something to do with
that!  I'm studying in Holland right now, and so I had to pass Ceili on
to a friend fro a while, to be returned when I get back.  But, I still
telnet over to my US account to read the FML every day- I want to thank
you all so much for this list- It helps me stay in touch with Ceili in a
vicarious sort of way, and reading all your stories and worries and
questions- I just want to say that while this list is a great thing for
the ferrets, it's also wonderful for the poeple.

so, news from Ceili is good- she's not in a FFZ for the first time in
her life, and she's been able to play outdoors which I'm sure she likes.
 I only took her out once or twice at home- didn't want to endanger her,
you know?  But apparently, she has adjusted to her temporary human
pretty well, although I've heard that they disagree a little still over
where she goes to the bathroom- that sounds pretty much like Ceili in
fine spirits to me!  I am glad things are going well, but I don't want
my friend to get *too* attached.  After all, I will be comming home from
here someday...

and I got a picture in the mail the other day of me holding not one, but
three "critters" (thats wheat we like to call them at my house)- it's
adorable.  Ceili is there, as well as my friends two ferrets- and the
best one is the albino- she was caught in the picture yawning, and with
the flash just in her eyes so it reflects back, making her look like a
demon-ferret from the depths of hell.  It's an excellent photo.

well, thanks for listening.  I'm watching with trepidation as issue 1000
approaches.

ethan (and Ceili- i'm sure she wouldn't mind my signing for her)