From:
Cara Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:25:48 +0000
When I first read the message about making jerky treats, I wanted to
respond about there being no need to cook the chicken first. I did
not immediately respond. But when I saw this latest message about the
dangers I wanted to put my two cents in. I, and many other ferret
owners, feed their animals raw meat and whole prey. We do not cook any
of this. I keep seeing messages about cooking food thoroughly in order
to avoid salmonella. There is plenty of salmonella in kibble, if that
is what you are feeding. I just wish there were enough knowledgeable
people out there. I feed seven ferrets and an 86 pound Boxer all raw
diets. Nobody, including the humans, have ever gotten sick from this.
Can you say the same about your cooked kibble diets.

Cara L. Mason
Executive Secretary / Opera House Manager
Town Manager's Office
225 Water Street
Skowhegan, ME  04976

Phone: 207-474-6907
Fax: 207-474-9413
Cell: 207-313-0533

[Moderator's note: No raw vs kibble debates yet, please - too soon
since the last one! BIG]