Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 00:15:55 -0800
It is with a sad and heavy heart that Pecan has crossed to the other
side. He is the one that this all started with red itchy skin. He
fought a good fight and I really thought we were winning but it was not
to be. I took him to UC Davis emergency and in the end they couldn't
stabilize him and his blood pressure went down to 30. They let me know
it was time to say goof bye and I stroked his fur and whispered in his
ear as he took is last breath and his heart took its last beat.

I want to thank all of you for your thoughts, prayers and suggestions
through this long battle. You guys are the best friends a ferret lover
could ever have. For the medical side of this, they are going to do a
full necropsy and I will probably post that info on the FHL. I will
let you know when I do. I really hate myself right now. Of the three
surgeries I had done, he was the one that was up bouncing around
immediately and back into the group in 8 days. He had recovered so
well, or so I thought. He was my youngest ferret.

I will miss his pink nose and deep ruby black eyes. He was my
Pecanterhead, Love Man Ferret. I love you Pecan!

thanks all,
Mary Jo