From:
California Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:38:34 EST
Situation is worsening..... waters are rising.

We are taking donations of

Food (all animals, bird, dog, cat, ferret, horse, pig, rabbit, reptile,
cattle, etc)
Litter
Hay
drapes, capeting, padding, anything of this nature.  Sleeping bags for
volunteers if possible
2-way radion equipment
CB equipment
BATTERIES!!!
Extension cords
cages and parts of cages to create pens for larger animals.
cages for small animals
leashes
horse tack
medical supplies
veterinary equipment and supplies

Go to your local markets, pet stores, hardware stores and ask for donations
for EARS.  If you need help with transportation contact me at 510.869.9757.
The donations are being stored in Livermore until we find out where EARS
will be setting up.  Unfortunately they just (I mean they've been in the
state maybe 2hrs now) got finished with a disaster in North Carolina.  Hdqts
is not established yet, will notify you as soon as I know where it will be.

We have found a generous business that is willing to store the supplies
until we can transport them to the hdqts.  This place is in Livermore right
off 580.  Please e-mail or page for directions.

Marie

Up to 22 counties have been declared disaster areas