Date:
Mon, 18 May 1998 13:45:38 -0500
Hi, this is Cheryl and the first time I have posted.  Need to ask a couple
of questions.  I have two ferrets Chief 2 1/2 and Tabitha 5 months.  These
two get along great!!  Sleep together, play together, chase each other
around the house, they are adorable.  Problem is Chief's dad is my brother
and I'm Tabitha's mom.  Currently by brother and I room mate and the ferrets
share a cage.  (a LARGE cage) My first question is will they be okay if we
separate them from each other permanently when my brother moves out in
February or do I need to introduce more ferrets to help the transition?
Second question is how often do ferrets need out of their cages to roam and
play?  My brother claims that once a day for an hour or so is plenty.  I
tend to disagree, does anyone have any answers or suggestions on reading
material (books, etc.) I could get to help me with my sweet babies?

Thanks in advance. You can respond directly at [log in to unmask]

Cheryl