From:
poleKATparsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 06:48:34 -0800
friends...

here i go sticking my neck out...again...but i FIRMLY believe this...

SOME ferrets are just MEANT to be yours...whether they come from a pet
store...you meet them at a shelter..or see an ad in the paper...
whatever...

the ferret that just calls to you and calls to you...that you can not get
out of your mind...he/she is MEANT to be with you...wherever you saw it...

yes...use your judgement...do not "impulse" buy or adopt...IF the ferret
is meant to be yours...it will let you know...you will have no doubt...

and no..not all my ferrets fall in that category...but many do...from
stores and shelters and friends...some of mine i just needed to take in
to help...to me, this is a good thing...i could make a difference in
THEIR life..not them just making a difference in mine...

i just don't think making people feel guilty for buying a ferret from a
store is right...there are times..many times...that for some reason God
wants that ferret with that person...

yes..i know many are impulse buys...this is not usually good...but that
can happen in rescuing and adopting, too...

my first ferret i got from a pet store...i had been going in to see him
every day for 2 months...i guess Rascal was meant to be mine, as all other
ferrets that came into that small store usually were sold the first day
they were there...

i got my second, third, fourth, fifth ferret [whom i did not keep] from
pet stores...then rescued one...then a few more from pet stores...with
some adoptions from shelters mixed in...[after i knew shelters even
existed] a few more rescues..and people gave me some ferrets...

but i do not regret...nor APOLOGIZE for!...ANY pet store ferret i
bought... and neither should any of you...IMO...

Just use your head...think...do not buy on a whim...if the ferret is
meant to be with you...you will KNOW...even if it is in a pet store...

ok...pulling my head back in my shell...;-)

love,
kat

=====
KITY=^..^=KAT and the Kollektive [18]
http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97

In Memory of...White Russian...who lost his fight with ADV on May 8, 2002
Missing pieces of my heart...Marcel, LittleWhiteGirl, Narmy, OldGuy,
D'weezle, Pye, Sandi, Jack, and the biggest pieces of my heart...Sonny,
Charlie and Geezer!  ...Keeping in memory...Dweezil, Opie, Tunees & Lil
Bear...

It is that time of year again...
The A.D.V. Christmas Giving Tree... http://www.mkaresq.com/adv_giving.htm
and the Ferret Giving Tree...  http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com