From:
Rebecca McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:40:49 -0500
Hi there!  Dooks to all the healthy kids, and our condolences to all those
whose babies are sick or who have gone to the bridge.

I've been asked to make a request from all the wonderful people here on the
FML, but before I do, I have to explain and say something.  Many of us here
remember Judy Cooke, who used to be an FML member.  Judy gave vital and
informative advice, gave a lot of laughs with her stories.  Unfortunately,
she and another member of the FML got into a verbal battle that carried
over into private e-mails.  The person would not leave Judy alone, and was
e-mailing her privately, and rather nastily.  Whenever Judy would post a
funny story, she would get an e-mail stating 'your stories are stupid, quit
posting them.  No one wants to read this trash', or something to that
extent.  Judy finally could not take this and quit the FML.

I posted about this, and stated I did not, nor I do to this day, know who
this person was-Judy is a lady and kept this to herself.  So if you're
reading this, don't write me.  I don't want to know who you are.  This is a
dead issue , and I'm not trying to resurrect it-I'm just making a point.

Judy and I speak frequently.  She's a great person, and wonderful mom to
her ferrets.  She e-mailed me yesterday that her boy Tyson wasn't feeling
well and was going to the vet.  He was listless, wasn't pooping, or pooping
very little, wouldn't eat, but would drink, and she was extremely worried.
I got on the phone and called her, leaving a message on her machine to
please call me last night (Thursday) to let me know what happened at the
vet.  When I got home from work my husband told me she'd called.  Tyson was
going in for surgery at 7pm and Judy made the request that I not phone
her-she'd call me after the surgery was done-she wanted to make sure her
phone line was clear for the call from the vet.  I can tell you I paced our
house waiting for that call as though this was one of my babies.  At
approximately 9:15pm Judy called me.  Tyson had a small hairball that had
not moved into his stomach yet.  The vet removed the hairball and also took
blood samples and he's checking for Helicobacter.

Judy asked me if I would appeal to all of the FML community for prayers and
thoughts for Tyson.  He was coming out of the antisthetic when she called
and the vet told her he did wonderfully during surgery.  She'd like to
bring him home this evening (Friday) and then go back to the vet with him
on Saturday.  The vet wants to keep him through today and tonight.  She's
also worried that if it is Helicobacter, how will this affect her other
boy, Einstein?  Einey has a heart condition and is very tiny.  Don't get me
wrong-he's extremely healthy and bouncy, but just a little guy.  Judy asked
me about Helicobacter, and I must confess my ignorance.  I've read about it
here on the FML, but it didn't stick in my poor excuse for a brain, so if
anyone can send me information on it, I'd appreciate it.  I'm going into
the archives today and see what I can find for her.

She keeps in contact through the FML-I send her things I copy off here and
I know she thinks about all of the folks here a lot.  So again, please send
your thoughts and prayers to Tyson, Einstein, and Judy.  She is extremely
worried over her boys, but also relieved at the removal of the hairball.
Hopefully Tyson will be up and about soon, doing his Elvis imitation.

Bob C:  Judy requested that I send you her condolences on the loss of
Stella, and her condolences go out to all who have lost their babies.

Rebecca and the Crew of Merry Mayhem

=======================
Rebecca McFarlane
Secretary
Basic Medical Sciences
School Veterinary Medicine
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN  47907-1246
Phone:   765-494-8632
Fax:     765-494-0781
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"