From:
Ferret Fanatic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:15:13 -0400
Hi fellow fuzzy lovers!
Just had to tell you about our latest venture with ferrets and cornstarch
peanuts!  Beware!  You might not want to try this at home!  A few ferret
friends have mentioned what joy their ferrets got playing in a box of
cornstarch peanuts.  So I figured this afternoon I would give it a try.
Filled a box full of the cornstarch peanuts in the kitchen, added ferrets,
and waited.

Miss Tizzy dug most of the peanuts out of the box.  Woody decided to help
her with the ones that she couldn't fling out, and they removed the rest
of them one at a time with their mouth.  There!  That will teach big bad
cornstarch peanuts to stay out of our box!

By now the kitchen floor is covered in cornstarch peanuts.  Dumb me,
figured the peanuts were safe, left the kitchen and went to clean the cage.
Have to stop cleaning cage several times to see how the fuzzies are doing
in the kitchen.  We have a problem.  Ginger has decided to take it upon
herself to declare the peanuts as the newest litter around and peed, and
as I watched, pooped, on as many as she could of them.  Do you know what
cornstarch peanuts do when they get wet?  They break down to mush, so I
have several piles (puddles?) of brown or yellow mush on my floor.  Oops!
Well there goes the bowl of TF into the mess too!

Ok, a couple hours later, after picking up every last peanut, or wiping
it up, Ginger decided to gift me with another "poop" right in front of me.
Do you know what happens when they eat cornstarch peanuts?  White, fluffy,
watery poop!  I learned my lesson, my ferrets will no longer be getting
the peanuts!<LOL>

--
Vicki L. Henderson-aka-Ferret Fanatic
Woody, Miss Tizzy, Ginger Snap, General Kaos & Taylor!