Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2007 02:21:45 -0800
Well, it's quite easy, technically. The vet will know exactly where the
chip is if it's migrated by scanning for it.

However this will require the ferret to be completely under.

I have several fuzzies with melatonin implant "husks" (the empty
plastic case) still under their skin and the vet forgot to remove it
during an adrenal surgery for one. Great, y'know? But another got her
tooth fixed (actually removed) and THAT vet forgot too, but went back
and did it later for free for me. Isn't it funny how they can forget
the little extras you ask of them? LOL!

Laryssa