From:
"Tea` McKinney" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 14:44:32 EDT
It doesn't necesarily have to be pineapple juice.  Any citrus fruit will
work just as well.  If it can be used as a meat tenderizer, it breaks down
organic matter.  I usually use oranges.  If the ferret likes orange, I'll
just give a wedge once or twice a day.  If not, a cc or 2 of juice once or
twice a day should do the trick.  It is important that it be fresh though,
no bottled juice.  I also use it in conjuction with laxatone.  The orange
helps break down the blockage, the laxatone moves it along.  Keep in mind
here the key word is organic.  Citrus juice will do nothing if the blockage
is synthetic material.  (I also wouldn't give the juice to my insulinomic
girl without discussing it with her vet first.)

Tea`