From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 09:32:32 -0700
Yesterday we got the written confirmation from the IRS that we are now a
501-c (3) approved shelter.  While we wish we could have broken out the
bubbly and thrown a party there really wasn't much time to do so with 48
ferrets all needing their regular and irregular lookings-after.( we are
grateful that two of these are in the foster-care of one of our
volunteers, Miss Karina )

Meanwhile that one of us was making copies and sending faxes of this
approval, a pair of turned-in little guinea pigs had another pair of
little cavy-babies, so mama-cavy is separated from daddy-cavy and she
has custody of the babies :)

And also we had two more ferrets turned in, Hazel Silvercoat and Henry
Whitefur, adopted out Pepper Preppykit Ferret to a great family (yay for
Pepper!) and adopted out, the day-before-this Noemy Creamsable to another
great family (yay for Noemy!), and conducted a little marriage-ceremony
for a pair of our elderly (over 8 years old, each) ferrets who have been
conducting a "nursing home romance" and given them their own private
suite (a two-and a half-level ferret-condo just to themselves.) We extend
our congratulations to Mr. Duff MacDuff ferret and the new Mrs. Maggie
Mae Moxie MacDuff ferret and wish them a long and happy married life,
together.  Maggie Mae MacDuff is currently and thoroughly redecorating
the ferret-couples' new home with the happy vigor of a young-lady ferret
and Mr. Duff MacDuff appears contented to sleep wherever his missus says
is his spot for the day.