From:
MR CHARLES R ONKEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 1998 12:28:23 -0500
It has been a week since we had to drain Cujo's bladder with a needle, and
he seems to be doing OK.  I'm looking forward to, but also dreading, the
day he comes off antibiotics.  I want to see him stay OK without them, but
am afraid off the consequences if he can't.  We have added some things to
the daily routine of all of our fuzzies.  After getting advice from some
emails, and going over some old fml's and thinking about what to do to help
them, this is what they now get.

We got some "Willards Water" It is supposed to be an "emulsifier".  Makes
water wetter.  We got some colloidal silver.  Am giving Cujo about 1 an one
half cc per day.  Bandit gets 1 cc per day.  The other two get one half cc
per day.  A few weeks back, I started Bandit on saw palmetto.  Last week, I
started Cujo on it.  Saw palmetto is promoted for human use as a way to
shrink, or at least stop enlargement, of the prostate.  It is herbal,
derived from palmetto trees.  Someone I know VERY well has used it for
about 4 years, and feels it has helped.

Has any of this done any good?  It is a little too early to tell.  We didn't
start the Willard's Water or colloidal silver until Friday.  It is probably
just a combination of everything AND the passage of time, but Cujo has been
a lot better the past couple of days.  Along with everything else, he is
also on baytril, clavamox and lysodren, by the way.  He is more alert and
his lower tummy feels fine.  He has started moving around more in the cage.
Last night when we opened it to let them out, he joined the parade of
ferrets.  For the last couple of weeks, we have had to reach in and pull
him out by hand.  Bandit is recovering nicely EXCEPT he is licking his bare
skin almost raw in some spots.  Suppose the new hair coming in itches.  We
have some aloe vera plants, so have been rubbing him all over with the
juice form them.  Ever tasted real aloe juice?  It should deter a lot of
the licking.

Last night we were talking about Cujo's future.  I had just given him
clavamox, lysodren, and saw palmetto.  He hates all three, and they have to
be force-fed or buried in ferretone or nutri-stat.  I was holding him after
the struggle to get all that in him, and he reached up and licked my face.
I cried.  I said to my wife, "Look at this.  We just made him eat things he
HATES, and we are sitting here talking about maybe having to put him to
sleep......and he KISSES me!"  What do you do with a critter like that?  We
just love him, and are thankful for every day that he is in our lives.

Charlie, Ag, Donna, Cujo, Bandit, Snowball and Valentine
We remember Kodo, Rocky and Spokane