From:
"Greene, Sandra" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 09:52:09 -0400
Having read just about everything available on potty training etc...by Pam
Greene and others, my husband and I decided wood pellets was the way to go
for our business.  We are using a product from Dry Creek which says, on the
bag, 100% wood fiber.  Further down it says not for human or animal
consumption.  I'm not sure of the use of the word consumption here.  We
offered some bags to the ferret club we belong to and, a couple of weeks
later, were told that there was some question as to the compositon of the
pellets and that their vet was suggesting analysis to determine if there
were any added oils etc...

Has anybody any experience with this?  ie. is this true?  I understand that
a lot of shelters in the Northeast and elsewhere use them.  Has anyone
noticed any adverse effects on the ferrets?

SG