From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:47:24 EDT
All mine to is sleep, eat, and poop when they are in the cage.  They get
more than enough time out.  All they want to do is sleep to recharge for
the next playtime.

And for carriers.  I do use the small one for short trips.  I have the
next size up carrier.  (actually my Mom's old cat carrier) I use the
Marshall litter boxes.  (light blue ones) One of those fits in the larger
carrier from wall to wall.  No problems with pooping in between the side
of the box and the wall of the carrier.  I use velcro to keep it down.
Four strips on the bottom in each corner.  Then I put a blanket in front
of the litterbox.  There is a hammock hung up there through the air holes.
I use one of those bowls that you can screw onto the wires and a water
bottle.  Yes, the blanket is in front of the litterbox, but works just
fine.  I have two that loves the hammock, and the other two that love to
sleep on the floor.  Plenty of room.  Just make sure the hammock is up
high enough so they can get into the litterbox easily.  I use one of the
hammocks with "strings" in the four corners attatched to a square cloth.
It makes it much easier to pull the strings through the air holes and use
the hooks on another air hole to make the hammock stay high up.  I'm sure
someone could make a hammock special for a carrier.  I use the (long term)
travel carrier as a temporary cage.  I take my boys camping in it.  They
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!  They were so busy and got a lot of time out, they put
themselves to bed in the carrier.  All they do is sleep when they are in
the truck.  They get so much excitement they need the sleep during travel.
It does make for easier travel because they have a litterbox, food, and
water.

Amy and the boys
God Bless America