From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 15:07:51 -0500
INTRODUCTION
Hello everyone!

What a nice idea someone suggested- to re-introduce ourselves.  I know that
I am sporadic in my posting, but I am a very steady reader of the FML.

My name is Gina Hart.  I am a resident of the Pittsburgh, PA area, and I am
mom to four ferts.  Paleface (Bean), a pale silver mitt, is my oldest at age
7.  When I adopted Bean, I was very new to ferrets, but I researched as much
information as I possibly could (without benefit of the internet).  Since I
came online a few years ago, I have multiplied my knowledge ten-fold.  Bean
is the kind of ferret that you might call an "old soul." He has always been
gentle and quiet (compared to other ferrets).

Bean is the inspiration for my ferrety-business name "Sage Ferrets." I was
delighted to invent a name with dual meaning- sage meaning the herb(I love
to grow and use herbs) and sage meaning wise (for Bean).  Through Sage
Ferrets I offer free ferret news and info.  to anyone interested, I help Pam
Greene answer her deluge of questions (Hi, Pam!), and I help to place orphan
ferrets in new homes.

In April of 1996, I adopted two more ferrets from a dear friend (Hi, Meg!).
Meg saved for me a little sable boy whom she had nick-named Spikey (because
of the way the hair stood up on his head).  When I arrived to pick up
Spikey, Meg assured me that he was bonded to his albino brother, so I
adopted him as well.  Spikey was given the "proper" name of Daniel Spikey
Tiger, but he ususally just goes by Spikey.  Spikey is a very timid and
gentle soul, a real momma's boy (in the best sense).

Spikey's brother, on the other hand, is a real go-getter.  I named him
Gunnar the Red (a proper Viking name) since, as Meg would say, he liked to
go a-viking even as a baby.  Gunnar (nicknamed Goose) is afraid of nothing.
That is until he is startled at which point he makes "Fred Flinstone feet"
and skedaddles!

Finally, in November of 1996, I adopted Beau Geste, Spikey and Gooses'
biological dad.  Beau is a beautiful heavy silver blaze with a load of
personality.  He is the original ferret who will LEAP into your arms when
you clap your hands.  He has passed this tigger-like trait (and his
beautiful blaze) on to many of his descendents.

Well, that's certainly enough for me for today!
Cheers,
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
[log in to unmask] (home) or [log in to unmask] (work)