From:
D&J Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 05:31:02 -0800
On the advice of my vet, I do pretreat before all their vaccinations.  I
start a couple days before the shots and I won't be stopping this.  I
have almost lost several of my babies over the years because we didn't
pretreat and I agree that I would rather my kids be a little bit sleepier
for a couple days than to die on me because of a reaction.  I had one of
my guys get the Purevax in 2003 and we had even pretreated since he was
adrenal and having other issues and he had the worst reaction that my vet
had ever seen, they were pretty sure that they were sending him home
with me to die but I babied him all night with fluids and softened food
and after a couple days he started eating again but this was even after
preteating so there is no guarantee that pretreating will not stop a
reaction but I take no chances.  My babies are too special for me not to
do everything in my power to help them as much as I and my vet can.  So
I will always pretreat whenever they go in for their shots.  They had
their shots yesterday and no problem, thank God!!  And they weren't even
sleepy!

Vet said you couldn't tell they had been pretreated for a couple of days,
they were still bouncing around like usual, go figure!

Thanks for listening
Julie