From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 04:28:03 EST
Hey !  Dooks !  and Meows !  to our FML Family
 (even those once or twice removed <lol>)

Just wanted to touch base on a few posts I saw.  Yes, I am a few days
behind.

Someone pondered if rescued ferts remembered the persons after a whiles
time.  Well, it seems it is so.  Three kids I adopted from a shelter all
seem to remember (with great affection) their former shelter mom from the
Oregon Ferret Shelter over a year ago.  (Way ta' go Chris !).  At a
Christmas Party we attended, they gave her a great deal of attention and
affection.

'Bandit' was a little lost fert that I only had for a few days before the
owner called.  He had seen one of the "FOUND" signs that I had posted in
the area.  A month or so later I was in the area and stopped in to see
Bandit at the Adult Care Home that he resided in.  Well, it sure seems
that he remembered me.  He was leery of strangers, but started crawling
right up my leg.

Note on the FOUND Posters.  I blurred the photograph intentionally.  That
way the owner has to note specific markings so I can be certain.  They do
work !!  They were posted in on streetposts, on store fronts, and in local
petstores (with permission of course).  Remember where you post them so
they can be removed later on.  I marked them on a map.

Melissa mentioned having a kitten that would rather be a ferret.  Well, I
posted some months ago about Kimo cat (several years old) that was at first
traumatized, then ferret-ized by my kids.  Well, history is repeating
itself.  Our new addition to the family, 'Mist' is already in the ferret
mindset.  He loves his playtimes with the ferts.  He already loves ferret
treats, ferretone, and prances around when they do their whoopy-dances (no
War Dancing - we are peaceful).

Thoughts and prayers to those who have lost their beloved ferts.
Congratulations to those who have new kids in their families.

Warm Fuzzies !!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew

~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~ ~Cinna~Racer~
Mist the Kat
Guardian Fur-Angels -
~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury~Little Boy~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts  ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!
Please see KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                  http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
KRITTER KREW - http://hometown.aol.com/kwildheart/myhomepage/pet.html
Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.