From:
"S. Hewett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 17:50:08 +0800
To Molab.

New South Wales has a large and active ferret club that sometimes gets
overwhelmed with rescues.  You may also want to go to www.waffs.org.au
for the WA Ferret Society site for info on ferrets in Australia.  In
Australia, ferrets are only rare in Queensland and Northern Territory
where they are banned.  (Bureaucracy gone mad)

I know that the idea of breeding ferrets seems to be a wonderful thing,
but believe me, there is more to it than meets the eye.  I would suggest
that you have your ferrets sterilised once they are old enough and enjoy
them, learn from them and find a ferret knowledgeable vet.

I can tell that your heart is in the right place and that you only mean
well for the ferret population, but do a little more research, (ferrets
should never be bred before they are 2 years old) and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy
the ferrets in your care.

Best wishes for you and your ferrets,
Shirley