From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2007 07:45:33 -0600
Dear Wolfy, this is Susie Lee with The Ferret & Dove Sanctuary, Inc.,
in Pensacola, Florida.

Ferret clean-up time, for us, is generally after all the 60-ish ferrets
have had their out-and-about times, near to the end of each day. We
lucked out from when we first got our house because it's got terrazzo
floors (under the now-discarded carpet and linoleum...better flooring
than each of those!) that are like one huge slab of polished stone tile
without the tile-grooves to have to clean between.

So we use a sprayer-bottle with a watered down solution of Odo-Ban and
disposable paper towels to get the "deposits", and then Wes will use
and industrial mopping bucket (that we got from Sam's Club) to mop all
the polished stone floors.

You'd really like the Odo-Ban, for one thing, it's *not* Rene Aberjunois
playing a character from "Deep Space Nine" (grin!), but made from items
safe for all the critters, which is our main concern when using
anything around the furreds' and feathereds', here...and for another
it not only smells great but really, truly does give most odors the
ol' smackeroo with natural fragrances and anti-mold, anti-bacterial
chemical thing-a-ma-roonie ingredients to naturally combat odors.

We used to get Chlorhexedrine from one of the veterinarians' offices,
but can't afford that, any longer, but that's another really good one;
Chlorhexedrine is safe for all animals and can be used on any surface.
The veterinarian offices get it by the gallon and if you ask them, they
might be able to order and sell you a gallon of it which, for any
ferret shelter would last about a month, and for private owners such as
yourself with less than 30 ferrets could likely last at least several
months so that in everything it could be used for, it would "pay" for
itself.