Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 07:52:14 -0500
My ferret has never been a big fan of the litter box.  Also I have never
used loose litter in the box because his first reaction is to dig any and
all loose material out of the box and spred it around on the floor.  In
order to encourage use of the litter box, I cut down two sides and lined the
box with newspaper.  This really was not a great solution since the paper
isn't really absorbant enough.  Well I found something new that has allowed
me to get rid of the litter box altogether.  It's a bit on the expensive
side and not very environmentally friendly but it makes Myc's and my life
alot easier.  Its a product ment to house train puppies.  It consists of a
blue pad that is pleasantly scented.  Its absorbant on the top surface and
lined with plastic on the bottom.  I just put one sheet directly on the
floor where the litter box used to be.  I have one ferret only so the pad
lasts two days and then I just fold it up and trash it.  I suspect that this
is the same product as adult diapers only scented.

Max

Marianna Max
212 241-6458
Physiology and Biophysics