From:
Melinda Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 22:20:22 -0500
We are now giving Stinka 1 mg of lasix twice a day, morning and evenning.

We want to supplement her with potassium since the lasix is flushing it
out, but do not know how much Nu-Salt we should give her.  All the vet said
is that too much potassium can be just as harmful as not enough.  How much
should we give her.  She only weighs 1.7 pounds.

Also we have noticed that the last few days she has diarhea is this a side
effect of the Lasix?  She does not appear to be eating very well.

How do we get her to voluntarily take her Lasix?  We use the liquid and
mix it with a little oil and ferretvite in a small bowl and hold her with
the dish under her nose.  She is getting where she does not want any of it.

Thank you for your help!

Melinda