From:
Minta Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 07:57:52 -0800
My ferret Linus recently had surgery, and I sent my 20 month old to my
parents for a week to take care of him.  Anyway, time came I had to go
get her and Linus hadn't completely gotten back on his own crunchy foods.
So, the vet suggested I could board him there for the day/night.  So, due
to Linus' illnesses and medications and such, he was overdue for canine
distemper.  The vet tech offered to have the vaccine done, then he could
be watched for possible reaction, he'd been vaccinated, life'd be good.
Turns out they didn't vaccinate him until half hour before he left the
vet's, the next day.  When I discussed this with them, reminding them
how converned they were about this situation the day before, they
claimed canine distemper vaccine works immediately and, further, it has
retroactive abilities, for the day before.  Is this true?

The whole experience annoyed me tons, especially after they went through
a whole condescending explanation as to why it was worth it to spend $20
on a a vaccination for a ferret after you had spend $700 on a surgery.
Well, DUH, but that wasn't my point to the vet and it's not my point to
the FML either.  I am just wondering if this vet tech knew what she was
talking about?

Minta & Linus