From:
Bill Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 1995 23:29:13 -0400
To All,

I have to admit; I have been lurking on the FML for about three months.  Let
me begin by saying we have three ferrets; all MF, two females and one male.
 We bought them in Connecticut but now live in Arizona.  The trip out here is
a story within itself.  Anyway,  my wife and have just returned from England.
 We boarded our ferrets with an individual who breeds them herself.  She kept
them separate from her other ferrets; i.e. in another building altogether.
 They were exposed to other animals though; dogs and cats.  When we picked
them up two of the three had bad diarrhea.  One of the females did not get
diarrhea at all; the other one had it for about three days.  The male,
Dugless, is the one who scares us the most.  He has lost considerable amount
of weight.  We had him on Amoxicillin (anti-biotic).  We discontinued it
because Dugless had been on it for nine days.  We are currently giving him
"Duck Soup" with Nutri-Cal.  He is active for a short period only.  I wanted
to include a cute story about all of them but I cannot motivate myself to do
so.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Dugless; aka "FatBoy" is my Cheerio
loving sock fanatic.

Thanks,

Bill and Sue Baker (and Dugless, Dugina and Dugly)