From:
paul Nettleingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:13:39 +0100
Update on Mouse.  Called yesterday afternoon to get an update...the
wonderful vet gave her Simulox (although she thinks it is a viral infection
in the gut).  She also gave her 70ml of fluid SubQ (yesterday) and on the
third attempt (this morning) managed to get enough blood to run a test.
She mentioned at this stage that she was begining to fight the valiant
attemps to help her so I knew she was coming around.  We go back in 4 weeks
to get another sample as there is a possibility of slight kidney damage.

I got a call this morning at work that she is Ok to come home.  The 3 boys
and I bundled ourselves in the car to pick her up.  They got the once over
and we came home.  I have some powered food to feed her that is full of
ferret goodness and can make it think or watery depending on her desire to
drink.  As soon as we got home, she dove into the water dish and drank for
5 minutes while I fought off the boys as they couldn't get enough of her
butt smell....obviously something only they enjoy!!  ANyway, she has had
some food and water and is resting.  She perks up occasionally, I just feel
the illness has taken a lot out of her and she should be better soon.

Thanks for the concern
Ailigh, Mouse and the boys