From:
"Susan D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 20:33:57 EDT
This kind of caught my attention and made me wonder............I got a
prescription of prednisone today for myself due to having a bad reaction
to my allergy shots.  On the insert that came with the medicine, it says,
"This medicine may lower your ability to fight off infections.  Avoid
contact with people who have contagious diseases."  I'm assuming this is
the same medicine given to ferrets with insulinoma.  Do you think the same
thing applies to them, that they are more susceptible to our colds, the
flu, ECE, etc., when they're on pred?  Just wondering.........

Susan D.