From:
Michael Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 22:32:49 EDT
WARNING: This post is just for fun and only for fun.  It was designed as a
test of the Funny Bone System in cooperation with silly old ferts in your
area.  This is only a test.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a paleontologist although I have often been studied by
them.

Well, now that all the offficial geegawing is out of the way, I'd like to
raise an interesting question: Are ferrets related to dinosaurs?  Think
about it.

We've all seen Juraissic Park which prominently features Velociraptors -
intelligent, meat eating lizard- type critters.  A cursory study of Latin
(and I cursed it loudly when I was forced to study it) reveals that this
name comes from the words 'velox' and "rapere'.  The name literally means
'swift thief'.  Rapere can also be translated as 'robber'.  Can you see
where I'm headed with this?  <G>

We all know that ferrets are the most accomplished thieves and robbers in
the animal kingdom.  They can be pretty swift too.  Many is the time that
I've reached for the last clean pair of socks I could find only to find them
gone, usually accompanied by the sound of chuckling coming from under the
bed.  This causes my one functioning brain cell to wonder If I might be
sleeping with two direct descendants of dinosaurs.  Hmmmm.

Perhaps this might explain why it is so hard to train some ferrets not to
nip and bite?  Could this explain why the cat and dog popluations are
steadily declining?  Are ferrets really dinosaurs who have grown fur only to
hide their true identities?  Have we been duped by a superior, reptillian
intelligence into taking them into our homes and into our hearts?  Are we
all doomed?

I sincerely hope not; but the next time Tater and Odie give me a love nip on
the toes, I'm going to think about it!

Is it possible that there is a troop of Tyranoferret Rex's lurking in the
mountains of California?  Might just come in handy if there were!  Wouldn't
it be neat to read a headline that says, "California DFG post destroyed by
twenty foot ferrets- three officers still missing"?

This concludes this test of the Funny Bone System.

Many much loves,

Paw Paw

Tater: "I think he's on to us!"
Odie: "Shhh.  Pass me another catburger - and quit smacking your lips so
loud."