From:
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 00:29:41 -0400
[Cross posting this with the author's permission.  [log in to unmask]]

Dear Ms. Belair:

I saw your organization on the Internet and decided to write you.  I have
recently become disabled and because my benefits have come to an end I am
forced to move by the first of August.  The only place I have to go is to
my husband's family in South America.  I have a sweet, lovable 5 year old
female ferret named Rascal.  I assumed could take her with me but when my
husband went to his embassy to see what vaccinations she would need he
was told that I could not bring her into the country.  My husband wants
to try and sneak her in but I do not want to take the chance because if
they catch him they will confiscate her and kill her.  So on top of every
thing else I now have to find a home for her where she will be loved as
much as I love her.  I am writing with the hope that you can help me to
find someone in the New York City, Metropolitan area who can assist me in
finding her a home.  I am desperate and broken hearted.  The above email
address is at my sister's house in Bay Shore, New York and she will see
that I get the email.  Thanking you in advance for any help or advice.

Sincerely,
Penny

Randy Melanie Belair
President